Pages

Slider

  •  photo 08_zps0a5bff4f.jpg"/>" />
  •  photo 9_zps0bb0675a.jpg"/>" />
  •  photo 8_zps3755b6e0.jpg" />
  •  photo 11_zpsf78d5029.jpg />

Monday, January 10, 2011

Sweet Potato Sensation

SWEET POTATOES 

I am not sure what has gotten into me, but in the last couple months I have become a sweet potato addict. In my home, they are now eaten on a regular basis. Over the past couple of months I have been experimenting with this veggie and have managed to incorporate it into every meal. They are so simple to make and packed with incredible flavor. Fry, bake, microwave or just eat them raw! I like to season them two different ways, (1) use salt and rosemary for a yummy appetizer/snack or (2) add butter and brown sugar for a delicious dessert! Sweet potato fries, baked potato with butter and brown sugar or pineapple whip cream (SO GOOD), latkes (pancakes), hashbrowns, casserole, and wedges are a few of the ways that I have incorporated them into my diet and I keep finding even more. 

This versatile veggie not only packs a powerful punch of flavor but is also in a league of it's one it terms of health. It is rich with fiber, vitamins and beta carotene claiming titles such as the #1 ranked vegetable and #1 "best food"! Who knew these tasty little suckers could do so much good for our bodies. Check out these links. I was amazed. 






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs