Pages

Slider

  •  photo 08_zps0a5bff4f.jpg"/>" />
  •  photo 9_zps0bb0675a.jpg"/>" />
  •  photo 8_zps3755b6e0.jpg" />
  •  photo 11_zpsf78d5029.jpg />

Saturday, April 23, 2011

inspiration

Inspiration comes in many forms. Sometimes it's a word, a verse, a picture or a lyric to a song.. but no matter how it comes to you It always hits you with that same familiar, incredible feeling. A feeling of hope for the future and peace about your purpose today. It came to me today in a late night conversation with someone incredibly close to my heart. The worries and challenges of life seem to buy our time and make cherished moments like these few and far between. I believe that Satan's strategy is to use our "busyness" as the ultimate distraction that keeps us so consumed and worried about the stresses of our petty circumstances that we can no longer see the beautiful  yet broken world around us. By doing so we are not only missing out on the simple, beautiful joys of life but we also disregard the incredible hurt that others are experiencing around us. To live consumed by our own situation ruins our ability to give, to help, to serve, to be fulfilled.  

When it comes to our own devices, we choose living in survival mode, spread thin and barely getting by. But God created us for so much more! We were designed to give of ourselves to others. There is no greater joy than the joy that comes with serving another person yet sometimes it seems impossible to make that happen because we are just too busy with life. My school, my chores, my job, my husband, my kids, my parents, my exercise, my facebook, my twitter, my blog... the list of "time-fillers" goes on forever. The real question is, what will be your priority? What means the most to you? My heart's desire is to live a purposeful life that is full of God's glory and fulfilled. At the end of each day I want to feel as though the Lord could look me in the eyes and say "Well done my good and faithful servant!".. So it's time to change things around a little. My hope is to bring serving to the top of my list of priorities. I want to walk away from the self centered, self concerned bubbles in my life and allow God to give me a compassionate heart like his for his people. To see the world through his eyes and not mine. My prayer is  for a changed perspective and a loving, considerate heart. 


 Heres to another late night talk that means so much more than just a talk!
You will always be one of my greatest inspirations in my life and I will always love you even more than you know! 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs